Tag: 千花坊

Rick Pitino Questions Miami’s Handling Of Potentially-Concussed Player Who Montrezl Harrell Hit With Ball

first_imgMiami player injured after being pegged with ball.Following his team’s two-point victory against Miami Saturday afternoon, Louisville coach Rick Pitino expressed some concern for the way the Hurricanes handled a potentially-concussed player. In the first half of the contest, Cardinals’ senior forward Montrezl Harrell threw the basketball at the face of Miami center Tonye Jekiri. Harrell was given a Flagrant 1 after referees reviewed the play. The Louisville star said following the 55-53 victory the throw was not intentional, though Hurricanes’ coach Jim Larranaga disagreed. Jekeri, a starter for Miami, began the second half on the bench. Larranaga said after the game his player was suffering from severe headaches. Miami’s trainers originally believed the 7-foot big man had a concussion, before allowing him back into the game. Miami’s handling of Jekeri was troubling to Pitino. Here’s what the Louisville coach said during his post-game press conference, courtesy of the Courier-Journal:“Here’s the ironic thing: Coach Larranaga walked over to the officials, all the way over to the other side. I’ve never seen that. I wanted to know what (Larranaga said). The official says, ‘Well, he wanted to let me know that the big guy has a concussion on that play.’ I said, ‘What motive do you need to know that? He’s back in the game.’“So I called (Louisville football coach) Bobby Petrino — this is no joke — I said, ‘Get a hold of that Miami doctor because, in 15 minutes, a kid went from a concussion to playing and totally healthy.’ We’re sending a plane down to hire that doctor for football. We will never have a concussion ever again. He was back 3-4 minutes later. He walked all the way over there to tell him he had a concussion, then he was back in the game.”That’s a pretty direct calling out of Miami from Pitino. Concussions are obviously something that should be taken very seriously, but it’s impossible to know if the Hurricanes’ medical staff followed protocol or not. This likely won’t be the last we hear of this incident. [Courier-Journal]last_img read more

read more

College GameDay Officially Headed To Clemson vs. Notre Dame Next Saturday

first_imgCollege GameDay's next stop will be at the Clemson vs. Notre Dame game.College GameDayMuch to the chagrin of Indiana football fans, ESPN’s College GameDay is officially headed to Clemson ahead of the Tigers’ big contest against Notre Dame next Saturday. The Tigers and Irish will be meeting on the gridiron for the first time since 1979.Indiana fans, including ESPN’s Dan Dakich, had been making a push to get GameDay to come ahead of the Hoosiers’ Big Ten affair against Ohio State. Alabama vs. Georgia, one of the biggest SEC games of the year, was likely also considered.See you in a week, @ClemsonFB and @NDFootball. pic.twitter.com/tzHB1H4ilA— College GameDay (@CollegeGameDay) September 27, 2015Back in 2013, GameDay was on-hand for two of Clemson’s home games. The Tigers beat Georgia in their opener, but lost to Florida State mid-season.last_img read more

read more

Mens Hockey Ohio State ends season with 20 loss to Denver in

Junior forward Tanner Lacyzinski (9) skates with the puck in the first period of game one during Ohio State’s hockey game vs. Michigan State on March 1. Ohio State won 5-1. Credit: Nick Hudak | For The LanternThe Ohio State men’s hockey team’s season is over after losing 2-0 in a low scoring game against Denver in the NCAA West Regional Semifinals.In what was one of the lowest scoring games of the season for the Buckeyes, Ohio State (20-11-5, 13-7-4 Big Ten), a No. 3 seed in the NCAA tournament, was not able to crack the defense of Denver (23-11-5), resulting in its third loss in a row and the end of its season. Ohio State’s head coach Steve Rohlik was upset after what he described as a disappointing end to the season.“We knew the team that’s good first was probably going to get the upper-hand and we certainly had our chances there and it just didn’t work out the way we wanted to,” Rohlik said.The turning point in the match came nearly 40 minutes after the puck drop, when Denver put the first point on the scoreboard with 39.5 seconds left in the second period on a goal by senior defenseman Les Lancaster. Despite Ohio State getting its fourth power play of the match in the third period, the Buckeyes still couldn’t find an opening in Denver’s defense. With 1:30 left in the game, the Buckeyes replaced their goalie with another skater in an attempt to tie the match up and go into overtime. Denver managed to win the faceoff, however, and scored the game-sealing goal with 58.3 seconds to go.Ohio State finished the game outshooting the Pioneers 24-13. Despite the loss, senior forward Mason Jobst was proud of the Buckeyes’ aggressive performance in the first period.“I think going into the game, obviously, we know the style that they were playing and we were playing was going to be mainly defensive and 0-0: that’s what we expected,” Jobst said. “We had the upper hand in shots and we were keeping things simple. After [the first period] I thought we were feeling pretty good.”Senior defenseman Sasha Larocque said it was difficult to comprehend this being his final game in an Ohio State uniform.“We played that Carmen song after every game for the last four years so it was a little bit of a goodbye,” Larocque said. “It’s tough to accept that the best four years of your life are behind you, and you’re never going to throw this jersey on again and play a real game.” read more

read more

Lemar discusses Atleti move

first_imgThomas Lemar has stated that he will go to the “maximum” for Atletico Madrid and manager Diego Simeone.The former Monaco star has revealed he will go to any lengths to impress the ever demanding Simeone after signing for Atletico.Lemar is not afraid of the physical demands usually expected from his players by new boss Diego Simeone.The French international rose to limelight during the 2016-17 season under the tutelage of Leonardo Jardim as Monaco won the French Ligue 1 title and made it to the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League.After transfers to English clubs Arsenal and Liverpool failed to materialize, Lemar has now signed for Spanish club Atletico Madrid.The Europa League winners added the French winger to their squad after the departure of Yannick Carrasco and Nicolas Gaitan earlier this year.Gerard Pique, Neymar, BarcelonaLa Liga Betting: Match-day 4 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Despite it being very early into La Liga season, both Barcelona and Real Madrid have had unprecedented starts to their campaigns. With this in…Both Gaitan and Carrasco struggled with the demands of Simeone but Lemar is convinced he has what it takes to be a success at the Wanda Metropolitano.“I know about their struggles and it doesn’t bother me. I have the capacity to run for long periods, in Atletico they’re very demanding with that.” Lemar told reporters during his presentation on Monday, according to Goal.Lemar’s signing has been hailed as a statement signing by Atleti who have also added Portuguese winger Gelson Martins and Spanish midfielder Rodrigo to their ranks.Lemar is hoping to make it to a UEFA Champions League Final with Atletico Madrid this season.“It’s a goal for us, we want to go as far as we can in the competition. Hopefully, we’ll make it to the final and win it this time around.”last_img read more

read more

Wilshere suffers injury setback

first_imgWest Ham United midfielder Jack Wilshere has suffered another injury setback and is unlikely to make his return till the end of next month.The former Arsenal midfielder, who joined the Hammers on a free transfer in the summer, underwent a minor operation in September after picking up an injury against Wolverhampton Wanderers and was expected to be sidelined for around six weeks.However, the England international is still having to rest due to minor complications around the ankle meaning he is unable to resume training, pushing his likely return date back until next month.West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini said, according to Sky Sports:declan rice, england, West ham UnitedReport: England’s Rice gets death threats George Patchias – September 9, 2019 England International Declan Rice has received death threats.Rice a one time Ireland International, switched allegiances only this year. The West Ham United man played for…“Jack felt some pain the last two days here so he needs more time to recover.”The former Manchester City manager also confirmed that striker Andy Carroll was back training on the pitch, after suffering a recurrence of an ankle problem during pre-season.“Andy is recovering,” added Pellegrini. “He started working this week, part of the warm-up with the whole squad, so we will see in the next week how he improves.”“I hope that in a maximum of 15 days he will at least be working with the squad completely.”last_img read more

read more

Jamaican parents told to treasure children as they do cell phones

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 09 Nov 2015 – The Jamaica Teachers Association with some bold advice for parents in that country which can be taken for parents in any country; ‘Treat your children as you do your cell phones.’ In an hilarious comparison featured in the Jamaica Observer which also rings too true, Greig Smith of the Office of the Children’s Registry or OCR in Jamaica told over 100 parents at a forum that since they do not go anywhere without their cellphones, they should be just as mindful of their children and keep them close. Smith encouraged the parents to stop leaving their children at home, unsupervised and to be far more vigilant in checking the mobile devices on which their children are communicating. The forum was the first in a series arranged in Jamaica by the JTA for ‘Parents Month’ under the theme: “Parents, Take the Time… Be Involved.’ Related Items:cellphones, greg smith, Jamaica Teachers Associationlast_img read more

read more

Young Alaskans Facing Problem With Fisheries Access According To Report

first_imgStafford: “The older generation is just doing what they’ve always done- making the most of the fishery, and working with the system they’ve been given. Fishing for a lot of people isn’t just a job you eventually retire from. It’s a lifestyle that is near impossible to quit.”  The report concluded that the ongoing loss of locally held permits in Alaska, whether by sale, migration, or cancellation by the state, suggests the need to develop specific provisions to ensure access to fishery resources remains in Alaska fishing communities for the long-term. The report reviewed programs and policies to address access challenges in Alaska fisheries in the Bristol Bay and Kodiak regions, and what they refer to as the “greying of the fleet”. According to the report, privatization of fisheries access has resulted in increased financial capital and risk needed to enter into fisheries. Of the permits that do remain in rural Alaska, increasingly older fishermen hold them.  The average fisherman today is over 50 years old, a decade older than the average fisherman of a generation ago, according to the report. Alaska passed the Limited Entry Act which created a set number of commercial fishing permits, and established the current limited entry system for the commercial fishery entry permit system. The first generation of permit holders were awarded permits from the state, based on their fishing record. They are a property right of the holder and may be sold, bought and are heritable. Research findings concluded that young people, small-scale fishermen, and rural communities have limited access to commercial fisheries where access has been privatized making it difficult for new fishermen to break into the business. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享Since limited entry programs were implemented in state commercial fisheries, permit holdings by rural residents local to their fisheries have declined by 30%, according to a report from University of Alaska Fairbanks and SeaGrant scientists. The objective is to “limit entry into commercial fisheries and provide annual licensing and permitting of fisheries to facilitate the management and development of fishery resources for maximum benefit.” Kevin Stafford, Fisherman: “The risk/reward calculation just doesn’t add up for most young fisherman.” Market value for a Southeast seine permit today is around $230,000, and that’s before paying for gear, gas, groceries, and crew. According to the study most fisherman have to take out a loan in order to afford that. Story as aired:Audio PlayerJennifer-on-limited-entry-to-commercial-fishery-.mp3VmJennifer-on-limited-entry-to-commercial-fishery-.mp300:00RPdlast_img read more

read more

Borough Urges Army Corps To Consider the Economic Impacts To The Bear

first_imgThe deadline for submitting comments about the draft EIS is July 1. The Corps will consider all comments received by that date before finalizing the document and making a permit decision. To date, about 8,400 public comments have been uploaded to the Draft Environmental Impact Statement website with more incoming, according to a release from the Corps. The Army Corps of Engineers (“ACE”) Draft Environmental Impact Statement does not address the potential economic impacts to these existing local jobs and economy, according to Dunne. Mike Heatwole VP Public Affairs, Pebble Partnership: “Some of the top line findings that we have been talking about heavily focus on the fact that the project would not heavily impact either Bristol Bay or the Cook Inlet.”  Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Kenai Peninsula Borough Assembly will look at a resolution at their meeting on Tuesday that asks the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to consider the economic impacts to the bear viewing industry in regards to the Pebble Mine. The resolution is on the consent agenda for the borough assembly meeting on Tuesday, June 18, at 6pm. The resolution was sponsored by Assemblymember Willy Dunne who wrote in a memo to the assembly, the Pebble transportation corridor and export facility proposed to be sited in lower Cook Inlet would be located in the heart of large concentrations of brown bears, an area which bear viewing businesses depend upon for their livelihood.last_img read more

read more

Spill Reported From Sunken Barge In Whittier Following Explosion

first_imgDiving operations will begin on Wednesday to assess the condition of the barge and determine the remaining threat of pollution. Chadux continues to monitor the containment boom placed around the barge. ADEC and USCG responders are in Whittier to coordinate the response. The barge, operated by Alaganik LLC, is estimated to have 1,000 gallons of gasoline, 2,800 gallons ofdiesel, and some hydraulic and engine oil on board. The maximum capacity of the barge is up to 5,500 gallons. The Girdwood Fire Department responded  with mutual aid late Sunday to assist Whittier Fire with an explosion and boat fire at the commercial dock. According to the U.S. Coast Guard, one person remains missing after the explosion and fire. The operator of the barge has contracted Alaska Chadux Corporation (Chadux) and Global Diving and Salvage for spill response and salvage operations, according to the ADEC.center_img Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享Following an explosion and fire at the dock in Whittier on Sunday night, a nearby barge caught fire and then sunk at the end of the pier in 60‐80 feet of water. A bystander reported seeing a sheen in the water to the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation on Monday morning at the end of the pier. The cause of the explosion is unknown at this time.last_img read more

read more