May 28, 2021 Find out more May 16, 2021 Find out more June 3, 2021 Find out more RSF asks ICC prosecutor to say whether Israeli airstrikes on media in Gaza constitute war crimes Help by sharing this information News News PalestineMiddle East – North Africa WhatsApp blocks accounts of at least seven Gaza Strip journalists Follow the news on Palestine Receive email alerts Israel now holding 13 Palestinian journalists News RSF_en “The Islamist party Hamas must stop arbitrarily targeting news media just because they do not blindly relay its propaganda,” the press freedom organisation said. PalestineMiddle East – North Africa Organisation to go further Reporters Without Borders welcomes yesterday’s reopening of the Voice of the People, a Gaza City radio station operated by the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP). The station had been closed down by Hamas security forces on 2 August.————————————2.08.2008Call for reopening of PFLP radio station in Gaza CityReporters Without Borders condemns Hamas’s closure of “Voice of the People,” a radio station operated by the leftist Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP), in Gaza City on 2 August.“The Islamist party Hamas must stop arbitrarily targeting news media just because they do not blindly relay its propaganda,” the press freedom organisation said. “Press freedom is under serious threat in the Gaza Strip and this due largely to the behaviour of Hamas.”PFLP spokesman Quayed El Ghoul told Reporters Without Borders: “Hamas security forces raided the radio station without any warning. They then told the station’s staff that the station was banned from broadcasting and was closed by decision of the interior ministry.”Ghoul added: “There are no grounds for acting in this manner and we call on our Hamas brothers to rescind this decision and to allow a respite for free expression. Acting like this is contrary to press freedom and free speech.”The station’s closure comes the backdrop of a wave of arrests on 25 July that followed a car bombing that killed five Hamas supporters and a girl. Several journalists were among those arrested, including Sawah Abu Saif, a cameraman who works for German TV station ARD. He was freed five days later. News August 6, 2008 – Updated on January 20, 2016 PFLP radio station reopens in Gaza City
Tag: 上海 花千坊
RelatedPosts Club’s server collapses over ticket demand for first Bundesliga game in 11 years Awoniyi joins Union Berlin on loan Bale completes Tottenham return from Real Madrid Spain’s Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez has given the go-ahead for La Liga to return as soon as June 8.There has been no football played in the country’s top division since Eibar’s game against Real Sociedad on March 10, but there is now optimism it can follow the lead of the Bundesliga, with matches set to resume behind closed doors. Spain has been one of the worst-hit countries in Europe from coronavirus, but with cases now dropping, businesses are gradually re-opening, and football looks set for a comeback in the near future.While Sanchez suggested June 8 as the possible restart date, it appears more likely that June 12 or June 19 will be chosen as the dates for a return.La Liga president Javier Tebas is set to officially confirm the news in the coming days.In response to the news, a statement from La Liga read: “We are very pleased with the decision, it is the result of the great work of clubs, players, coaches, CSD, agents, etc. “But we cannot lower our guard, it is important to follow health regulations and ensure the pandemic doesn’t come back.”La Liga clubs have been back in training since earlier this month, and the Seville derby between Sevilla and Real Betis looks set to be the first game back on the calendar. Barcelona currently top the table with 58 points after 27 games, with Real Madrid just two points behind them.Each team has 11 more matches to play, meaning the season could be concluded in theory by the end of July.Earlier this week Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane said he was confident his side could overtake Barcelona if La Liga is able to return.Speaking to Real Madrid TV, he said: “We have to think positively.“The players see that there are 11 games left (in LaLiga) and they want to finish strongly in order to win a trophy. It’s in the DNA of the club. “I’m happy to be back training with my players after 60 days. We’re all happy to be back. We planned the physical preparation and they worked really well at home. They were in shape.“This week has been very good for working, albeit in small groups. But we can work on a little more tactically. The team looks better this week.”Tags: BundesligaJavier TebasLa LigaPrime Minister Pedro Sanchez
Two brothers are now facing felony charges after officials say one of them brought a loaded gun onto a school campus.The incident was first reported on October 1st at Miami Palmetto Senior High School.Authorities say they were notified by the school after another student told officials that one of the brothers, Joshua Mizelle, brought a gun to school.When authorities questioned Joshua, the teen told them that he did not have a weapon on him and allowed officers to search his vehicle in the student parking lot.During the search, officials reported that they found not only a loaded handgun, but brass knuckles and two knives inside of the vehicle.At that point, Joshua was taken into custody.Authorities, however, returned to the school to take his brother Jonathan, into custody after they were informed that the brothers arrived to the school in the same vehicle.It was later determined that Jonathan was the brother responsible for bringing the weapons onto school property.During a court hearing on Friday, an attorney for Joshua told the judge that Joshua has never been in trouble with the law before this and the charges may affect his athletic career and scholarship:“What I just want to let the court know, not only has he never been in trouble before, he’s a star athlete. He has a scholarship, which unfortunately, is in jeopardy because of this thing. His whole career and his scholarship is in jeopardy.”Despite the words of the attorney, the judge reportedly stated that all actions have consequences even if Joshua is an athlete:“Those are consequences,” said Judge Orlando Prescott. “There’s always long-term consequences, good, bad and indifferent and because he’s an athlete [it] doesn’t bear anything with me.”Joshua is scheduled to be released on house arrest while Jonathan will be held in detention.Their next trial is scheduled for December 13th.
London, United Kingdom | AFP | Manchester United captain Harry Maguire believes the Red Devils are on the right track towards contending for the Premier League title again.United have not won the league since Alex Ferguson retired as manager in 2013 and were a mammoth 37 points behind leaders Liverpool when the Premier League season was put on hold due to coronavirus last month.However, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men were on an 11-match unbeaten run before the shutdown with Maguire and Aaron Wan-Bissaka beginning to repay the lavish sums spent on them last summer and January signing Bruno Fernandes making an immediate impact.“I knew when I first came to Manchester United that Ole said to me loads and loads it’s a building process but we’ll be where we want to be.” Maguire told Sky Sports.“There are plenty of aspects we need to improve to get to the top of where we want to be. We don’t want to be challenging for this Champions League spot, we want to be challenging for titles.“We know there’s still a lot of improvement to get there, but we’re on the right track and I’m sure eventually we will get there.”United sat fifth in the table when matches were suspended and still in the running for silverware in the FA Cup and Europa League. Should the season be able to be completed in the coming months, Solskjaer’s options could be strengthened by the return from injury of Marcus Rashford and Paul Pogba.Pogba has been restricted to just eight appearances all season by a persistent ankle problem, but Maguire hopes the French World Cup winner and Fernandes can form a potent partnership in midfield.“He’s been brilliant since he’s come in, off the field around the training ground, he’s a leader and wants to win, everything he does he wants to win, you can tell he’s been brought up with that attitude,” Maguire added on Fernandes.“He’s just given us that little bit more life and creativity in the middle.“We’ve got Paul to come back as well, who I’m sure will probably make himself (Fernandes) lift his game even more.“We have a lot of competition in that centre midfield now, they know they have to be on their game to keep their spot, so I’m sure we’ll see the benefit.” Share on: WhatsApp
For television information go to:http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/feature/?id=4385Kinrade, Team Canada one win away from Spengler Cup titleChip off a little rust and what did we find — plenty of offence from Team Canada at the 2012 Spengler Cup.Matt Duchene scored twice and added an assist as Team Canada criused to a 5-1 semi-final victory over HC Fribourg on Sunday in Davos, Switzerland.Since Canada lost its first game of the tournament to German team Adler Mannheim on Boxing Day the squad had outscored the opposition 10-1 in two games.Jason Spezza, Marc-Antoine Pouliot and Carlo Colaiacovo also scored for the Canadians, who feature Nelson Minor Hockey grad Geoff Kinrade on the blueline.The 27-year-old Kinrade has been tabbed by national media as one of the no-names on the roster that features the likes of NHLers like Spezza, Patrice Bergeron, John Tavares, Tyler Seguin, Jonathan Bernier, Carlo Colaiacovo, Devan Dubnyk, Sam Gagner, Matt Duchene, Cam Barker and Ryan Smyth.Kinrade, who played for the Nelson Leafs of the Kootenay International Junior Hockey League after a great minor hockey career, was invited to the roster by Hockey Canada due to a shortage of Canadian defencemen playing in Switzerland this winter, which benefits Kinrade, Maxim Noreau and Travis Roche.And the players have not let the coaching staff, or teammates, down, playing solid minutes.”It’s a dream come true,” Kinrade, who plays for SC Bern of the Swiss Nationaliga told Tim Wharnsby of Hockey Night in Canada.”In my career, I’ve bloomed late. When I was eligible for the Canadian under-20 team I wasn’t even close. But to be part of this team the last few days has been surreal.”Devan Dubnyk, in his second straight start, made 25 saves to register the win in goal for Canada.Team Canada, an 11-time winner of the Spengler Cup, advances to the championship against the winner of Sunday’s late game between host HC Davos and Vitkovice Steel.TSN is scheduled to televise the Spengler Cup Final Monday (December 31) at 3 p.m. PST.See complete television schedule at:http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php/ci_id/197934/la_id/1.htm Team Canada made it look easy in the final of the Spengler Cup Monday, dumping the host club and defending champion HC Davos 7-2 to capture the title for the 12th time.Canada’s Patrice Bergeron, finishing the game with four points, scored 46 seconds into the game and Canada never looked back.It was Canada’s first Spengler Cup title since 2007.John Tavares and Team Canada captain Ryan Smyth each scored twice while Jason Spezza and Derrick Walser added singles for the winners.Raphael Diaz and Dario Bürgler replied for HC Davos.Canada outshot the hosts 39-30 making a winner out of netminder Devan Dubnyk — his third consecutive victory in the tournament.The Team Canada roster included Nelson native Geoff Kinrade who keyed a defence that allowed five goals in four games and outscored its opponents 17-3 during the final three games.Team Canada meets HC Davos in final of Spengler CupTeam Canada has a date with the defending champs in the final of the 2012 Spengler Cup.The host club edged HC Vitkovice Steel 5-4 in the second semi final Sunday in Davos, Switzerland.The game is a rematch of an early round robin contest between the two teams, a game won 5-0 by Team Canada.Patrick Kane scored in the final minute of regulation time to give HC Davos the thrilling victory.HC Davos is the defending champion.Canada is an 11-time winner of the Spengler Cup Tournament.