The Jamie Toner Memorial U12 Gaelic Football tournament was held in Termon on Sat 12th April, and featured both A and Shield Teams from Termon, St Eunans, Steelstown and St Marys, Sligo.Termon were victors over St Eunans in the A Final, with the Letterkenny Shield team winning out in their section. The presentations by members of the Toner Family.A great day was had by all and Jamie and his family were in the thoughts of all involved.Photos by Patrick Murray GREAT DAY HAD BY ALL AT JAMIE TONER MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT was last modified: April 13th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalJamie Toner Memorial TournamentTermon
The operator of a GoSafe speed van was left shocked after his van was attacked in Newtowncunningham.Vandals damaged the van and smashed windows in the vehicle while it was monitoring speeds at Moyle.The driver was in the van operating speed checks at the time of the attack. He heard a bang and shouting outside the van.When he got out he found the van had been damaged and the driver’s side window had been smashed.He saw an older model white Volkswagen Golf driving away from the scene on Friday last at 5pm.Garda Grainne Doherty has appealed for anybody who was in the area at the time and witnessed the attack to come forward. “The driver was unhurt but was shaken by the attack. We are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed this incident to come forward,” she said.Any information can be given to Letterkenny Gardai in confidence on 074 91 67100.Operator left shaken after GoSafe speed van attacked was last modified: November 13th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:attackeddonegalGardaiGoSafeNewtowncunninghamSpeedvan
What it Takes to Build a Highly Secure FinTech … Evidence has surfaced in some Google source code that the company isn’t simply looking at using Chrome OS – the Web-based operating system revealed last December – just for notebook computers. Instead, it looks like Google is considering the OS for use on tablets. As some point out, that seems like a confusing move with Google banking so much on Honeycomb.Perhaps, however, Chrome OS isn’t meant for high-end tablets at all. Maybe Chrome OS for tablets is Google’s play at creating a low-end tablet market or something else altogether.According to CNET, Google admitted it was working on a tablet version of Chrome OS, but only said that, “We are engaging in early open-source work for the tablet form factor.”Google also said that it might not stop with tablets.“Chrome OS was designed from the beginning to work across a variety of form factors. We expect to see different partners build different kinds of devices based on Chrome OS, but for this initial release we are targeting the notebook form factor,” the company explained in a statement.In February, a rumor hit the wires that Acer would be releasing a Chrome OS-powered “surf station,” which was little more than a monitor with built-in connectivity and a touch screen. Perhaps the tablet version of Chrome OS could power devices like this or, even better, super-cheap tablets that can’t run Honeycomb? After all, when it came to netbooks, they were effectively competing with laptops by offering a much lower price point and coming in with a much smaller form factor. The Motorola Xoom, for example, runs Honeycomb. It is powerful and pays for it in weight, size and price. A cheap tablet alternative could be offered, however, by sacrificing power and performance. Chrome OS could be the OS of choice for the super-cheap tablet. Or maybe it isn’t that at all. Maybe Google simply wants to make the ubiquity play. Despite its claims that developer tools would solve fragmentation issues between Android and Honeycomb, perhaps Chrome OS would help pull tablets toward Web apps. What do you think – why is Google looking at Chrome OS for the tablet, when it seems to have invested so much time and effort into its tablet-specific OS, Honeycomb? Is Google simply looking at a future merger between the two operating systems, bringing native tablet and Web apps to future devices? Tags:#Google#mobile#news#NYT#web Related Posts mike melanson The Rise and Rise of Mobile Payment Technology Role of Mobile App Analytics In-App Engagement Why IoT Apps are Eating Device Interfaces
Over 260 people were arrested by the police during raids on illegal gambling dens in Odisha’s Ganjam district over the past 24 hours.This hints at the extent of gambling in the region from Dussehra festivities till Kumar Purnima festival on Sunday. According to police sources, since Saturday night, 14 gambling dens were raided in Berhampur police district, 95 people were arrested and over ₹4.24 lakh in cash seized. In Ganjam police district, 32 gambling dens were raided during the same period with the arrest of 166 gamblers and seizure of over ₹4.79 lakh in cash. Ganjam revenue district has two police districts.Over the past one week, the police have been raiding illegal gambling dens in Ganjam district. On October 10 night, the police busted a major illegal gambling den in Berhampur with the seizure of ₹7.68 lakh in cash and arrest of 15 gamblers. Those arrested include two former corporators of the Berhampur Municipal Corporation and a branch manager of a private bank.
Two points into the final game of his Australian Open quarterfinal against Roger Federer on Tuesday, Stanislas Wawrinka steadied himself to try and return a forehand smash.Roger Federer returns to Stanislas Wawrinka during their quarterfinal match at the Australian Open in Melbourne on Tuesday. APWawrinka playfully threw his racket up over his head in a mock attempt to return it. Forget it, the ball sailed past him and Federer won the point.It was that kind of match for Wawrinka. Federer faced just one break point, winning all 13 of his service games, got 77 per cent of his first serves in and polished off his Beijing Olympics doubles gold medalist teammate 6-1, 6-3, 6-3 in 1 hour, 47 minutes.”When it’s clicking it’s really a good feeling, and I don’t ask too many questions,” Federer said of his outstanding serve.All facets of Federer’s game were working Tuesday as he advanced to the semifinals, where he’ll meet either Novak Djokovic or Tomas Berdych.Still in the realm of probability for the defending champion is a final against Rafael Nadal and a chance to prevent the Spanish lefthander from winning his fourth consecutive Grand Slam. No man has held all four major titles since Rod Laver in 1969.Nadal plays fellow Spaniard David Ferrer in one quarterfinal Wednesday, while Andy Murray takes on Alexandr Dolgopolov in the other.Federer is not looking ahead to Nadal just yet.””It’s normal to follow Rafa in a big way because he’s going for something particularly very special,” Federer said. “My focus is not playing him in the finals quite yet. He still has to win a few matches against really tough players ahead of him. I got my hands full … I’m not quite there.”advertisementTop-seeded Caroline Woznacki is nearly there, advancing to a semi-final against China’s Li Na. The 20-year-old Danish player was under intense pressure early against French Open champion Francesca Schiavione before beating the Italian veteran 3-6, 6-3, 6-3.Li advanced to the semi-finals for the second year in a row at Melbourne Park after beating Andrea Petkovic of Germany 6-2, 6-4.The other women’s semi-finalists will be decided Wednesday when second-seeded Vera Zvonareva plays Petra Kvitova and U.S. Open champion Kim Clijsters takes on Agnieszka Radwanska.Wozniacki rallied from a set and a break down to beat Schiavone and ensure she’d maintain the No. 1 ranking after this tournament.Schiavone dominated the opening set and a half before the effects of her previous match kicked in. She beat Svetlana Kuznetsova in a three-set match lasting 4 hours, 44 minutes, a record for a women’s Grand Slam singles match.”Maybe in the third set I felt a little bit something physically, but it’s not an excuse,” Schiavone said. “I think I gave the best that I could do.”Wozniacki described Schiavone as a “fighter.””She started off really, really well and I didn’t feel like I had the right timing,” Wozniacki said. “So it was difficult for me in the beginning, but I fought back and I’m so happy that I’m standing here as the winner.”The match point was contentious – first called out by a line judge. An overruled by chair umpire Eva Aseraki forced Wozniacki to ask for a video ruling, which confirmed the initial call ended the match.Schiavone knew the match was over even before the replay – “I saw the ball was out, was no chance,” she said.Li, who lost the 2010 semi-final in two tiebreak sets to eventual champion Serena Williams, came to Melbourne after winning the title at a tune-up event in Sydney and is on a 10-match winning streak.”I’s good for me. I mean, the second time in the Grand Slam semi-final, always in the Australia Open, and also before I played well in Sydney,” she said. “Hopefully I can do better in this year, and everyone will see me again.”Li was the first Chinese woman to win a WTA tour event, and the first to enter the top 10. Her run to the Wimbledon quarterfinals in 2006 was the best for a Chinese player in a major at the time. Now her return to the semis is a first.No Chinese woman has won a major, but Petkovic thinks that can change here.”I think she played really well. I think she’s going to win the tournament,” Petkovic said. “She moves very well, she has a great footwork. She takes the ball very early. She plays flat and deep. She has this sneaky aggressive play, I would call it.”advertisement
Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic react after losing their US Open semifinals on SaturdayInstead of Novak Djokovic vs Roger Federer for the U.S. Open title, first-time Grand Slam finalists Kei Nishikori and Marin Cilic will vie for the championship after a pair of semifinal surprises Saturday.First, Japan’s Nishikori became the first man from Asia to reach a major singles championship match by staying fresher than Djokovic in stifling heat and winning 6-4, 1-6, 7-6 (4), 6-3.Then, Croatia’s Cilic used every bit of his 6-foot-6 (1.98-meter) frame to deliver stinging serves and flat groundstrokes during a quick-as-can-be 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 victory over Federer.”It’s fairly simple, I think: Marin played great and I maybe didn’t catch my best day,” Federer said after his 1-hour, 45-minute loss. “That’s pretty much it in a nutshell.”So much for No. 1-seeded Djokovic facing the No. 2-seeded Federer in a matchup between men who have combined to win 24 Grand Slam trophies. In what some will see as signaling a generational shift in tennis, Monday’s final will be No. 10 Nishikori against No. 14 Cilic.Croatia’s Marin Cilic defeated Roger Federer 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 in the US Open semifinal”That’s going to be a sensational day for both of us,” said Cilic, who at 25 is a year older than Nishikori.For the first time in nearly a decade – since Marat Safin beat Lleyton Hewitt at the Australian Open in January 2005 – a major final will be contested without at least one of Federer, Djokovic or Rafael Nadal, who didn’t attempt to defend his 2013 U.S. Open title because of a right wrist injury.advertisementThat trio won 34 of the past 38 Grand Slam trophies, including two months ago at Wimbledon, when Djokovic edged Federer in a five-set final.”It’s exciting for the game to have different faces from time to time,” the 33-year-old Federer said. “It’s definitely refreshing to some extent. It’s big for Croatia; it’s big for Japan.”Cilic, forced to sit out last year’s U.S. Open during a doping suspension, is the first man from Croatia to get this far at a major since his coach, Goran Ivanisevic, won Wimbledon in 2001.That’s nothing compared to Japan’s wait.Japan’s Kei Nishikori became the first Asian to reach a major singles championship finalAs it is, Nishikori was the first man from his country to reach a Grand Slam semifinal since 1933.”Very happy to make history,” said Nishikori, who moved to Florida at age 14.He weaved his way through a pair of five-setters totaling more than 8 1/2 hours while No. 3 Stan Wawrinka and No. 5 Milos Raonic, yet appeared much more lively as the temperature neared 100 degrees (37 Celsius) than Djokovic, a guy widely considered as fit as they come.”Just wasn’t myself,” Djokovic said.Especially in the pivotal third-set tiebreaker. He missed a pair of backhands. He double-faulted. He missed a forehand, and another to end the set, then smacked a ball in anger. Up in the stands, Nishikori’s coach, 1989 French Open champion Michael Chang, rose to his feet and pumped his fists.Making Nishikori’s performance all the more impressive is that as recently as a few weeks ago, he was swinging a racket while seated in practice, unable to run because he had a cyst removed from the bottom of his right foot in August.”I didn’t even know if I should come to New York,” he said, “so I wasn’t expecting nothing, actually.”Chang refused to let Nishikori think that way.”He might not have prepared the best way he knows how. But just because you haven’t done that doesn’t mean that you don’t give yourself the opportunity to come out and play,” Chang said. “That’s why I told him, ‘You get past the first round, the second round, anything can happen.'”This unforeseeable U.S. Open final shows that’s true.In the quarterfinals Thursday night, Federer dropped the first two sets against Gael Monfils and faced two match points, but escaped.There would be no such comeback against Cilic, who worked to improve his game while sidelined after testing positive for a stimulant in May 2013. He said he ingested the substance accidentally via a glucose tablet; the International Tennis Federation sought a two-year ban but it eventually was reduced to four months.Cilic had only played one previous major semifinal, at the 2010 Australian Open, while this was Federer’s 36th. And Cilic came into the day with an 0-5 head-to-head record.But this one went the other way. Wasn’t even close.Cilic hit serves at up to 132 mph (213 kph) and finished with 13 aces, including three in the final game. That he would serve effectively was no surprise. What truly stood out, though, was the way Cilic managed to hang with Federer in exchanges from the baseline.advertisement”He played,” Federer said, “with no fear.”