March 21, 2020 — Gulfstream Park has dropped purses for its seven stakes races on Florida Derby day by 20.5%. Track officials say the changes for next Saturday were necessitated by the loss of on-track handle and revenue from the track’s casino.NFL-NEWSRivers signs with ColtsUNDATED (AP) — Philip Rivers has officially ended his 16-year tenure with the Chargers by signing the $25 million deal with the Indianapolis Colts he agreed to earlier this week.The 38-year-old quarterback thinks he has plenty to offer even after one of his worst seasons. Rivers threw 23 touchdown passes last season, his lowest total since 2007. His 20 interceptions in 2019, match the second-highest total of his career. But now, with a fresh start, a strong running game and one of the league’s top offensive lines, Rivers insists he will prove the critics wrong this season. Similarly, the Norwegian Olympic Committee says the Games shouldn’t take place until the coronavirus outbreak “is under firm control” worldwide.In other virus-related developments:— A second Ottawa Senators player has tested positive for COVID-19. The player was part of the recent road trip that included NHL games in San Jose, Anaheim and Los Angeles. Of the 52 people in the Senators’ traveling party, 44 have shown no symptoms and eight have been tested. Everyone on the California trip was instructed to self-quarantine on March 13.— The International Ice Hockey Federation has canceled the men’s world hockey championships amid health concerns and travel bans. The 16-team tournament was to be held in Switzerland in May.— Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton says he has been self-isolating for more than a week and showing no symptoms of the coronavirus. Hamilton was at a charity event in London on March 4 also attended by actor Idris Elba and Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, the wife of the Canadian prime minister. Both were later found to have the virus. Hamilton said he hasn’t been tested because test kits are in short supply and “there are people who need it more than I do.” DUKE-JONES-NBADuke sophomore point guard Tre Jones declares for NBA draftDURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Duke Duke sophomore Tre Jones says he will enter the NBA draft.The point guard was named to the third team of The Associated Press All-America team on Friday after being named Atlantic Coast Conference player of the year by the league and runner-up for the same award from the AP.Jones averaged 16.2 points and 6.4 assists for the Blue Devils, the highlight being his buzzer-beating shot off his own intentionally missed free throw to force overtime in a wild comeback win at North Carolina on Feb. 8.,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 Update on the latest sports Associated Press — Former Real Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz has died at age 76 from the new coronavirus, according to his family. He had been in intensive care since the beginning of the week while being treated for the virus. Sanz presided over Madrid from 1995 until 2000, leading the club to two European titles, a Spanish league championship and a Spanish Super Cup crown.— AC Milan great Paolo Maldini has tested positive for COVID-19. The team says the 51-year-old Maldini became aware of contact with a person who subsequently tested positive for coronavirus and began to display symptoms of the virus himself. Maldini serves as Milan’s technical director.— Paulo Dybala is the third Juventus player to test positive for COVID-19. Juventus says the Argentine soccer playmaker is in voluntary home isolation in Italy and is asymptomatic.— The president of Mexico’s Liga MX soccer league has tested positive for coronavirus. League President Enrique Bonilla said in a statement Friday that he doesn’t have serious symptoms but will remain in isolation and keep up with the situation of Mexican first-division soccer.— A member of the Canadian Football League’s B.C. Lions operations department has tested positive for COVID-19. The person has not been named and is currently at home in isolation. The leader of track’s international federation says there’s no need to hold the Tokyo Olympics at any cost, adding that a decision about the future of the games “may become very obvious very quickly in the coming days and weeks.”World Athletics president Seb Coe said the Olympic world is managing the coronavirus day by day and “increasingly hour by hour.”USA Track and Field CEO Max Siegel urged the federation to advocate for the postponement of the Games, which are to start July 24. The track federation joins USA Swimming, which sent a similar letter to the USOPC on Thursday.A board member of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee countered leadership by criticizing the IOC amid concerns of the coronavirus pandemic. Board member and former USA bobsledder Steve Mesler wrote in a blog Friday that the IOC … “has not shown the leadership we Olympians desire out of those who are in charge.” Mesler added that his thoughts were coming “as an Olympian and not those of the USOPC, its Board of Directors, or its leaders.”Brazil’s Olympic Committee is calling for the Tokyo Games to be postponed until 2021. The Brazilian body said in a statement published on Saturday that the decision is a necessity due to the seriousness of the pandemic and “the consequent difficulty for athletes to keep their best competitive level.” The eight-time Pro Bowler said in a conference call Saturday that he knows he can still play at a high level.In other NFL news:— The Raiders have agreed to a one-year contract with free agent receiver Nelson Agholor (AG’-oh-lohr), according to a person familiar with the deal. The person also said the Raiders agreed to a one-year deal to keep backup running back Rod Smith. Offensive lineman Eric Kush also confirmed that he agreed to a deal with the Raiders, and tight end Nick O’Leary’s agency said its client has a deal in place with the team.— Saints general manager Mickey Loomis says free-agent wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders has agreed to a two-year contract with the team. The 5-foot-11 Sanders caught 36 passes for 502 yards and three touchdowns for the 49ers last season. His contract is said to be worth about $16 million with bonuses that could push the total value as high as $19 million.— Running back Kenyan Drake has agreed to sign his one-year, $8.5 million tender to stay with the Cardinals. The 26-year-old Drake came to Arizona in a mid-season trade from the Miami Dolphins. He ran for 643 yards and eight touchdowns in eight games with the Cardinals, including a four-TD game against the Browns in Week 15. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditVIRUS OUTBREAK-SPORTSMore criticism as Olympic officials prepare for Tokyo GamesUNDATED (AP) — Calls for the postponement of the upcoming Tokyo Olympics continue to grow louder.
Tag: 一品楼 天津 和平区
Submit StumbleUpon The UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) has issued new guidance and measures which aim to further protect consumers during lockdown.The Commission said that tighter measures were needed, as new evidence revealed that certain gamblers may be at risk of greater harm during the lockdown period.Protecting the most vulnerable, the UKGC has made it clear that operators must carry out more stringent due diligence on affordability checks, as well as prevent reverse withdrawals and stop bonuses for those displaying indicators of harm.In its decision, the UKGC pointed to research carried out by YouGov which found that while gambling participation has fallen, reflecting the closure of land-based venues and the postponement of sports, consumer gambling habits have changed as a result of COVID-19.In a statement, the UKGC said: “The shift in the market as a result of Covid-19 evidence shows an increase in the use of certain gambling products such as online slots, poker, casino gaming and virtual sports.”Concerns have been raised by government officials, after a statistic from YouGov research revealed that ‘64% of more engaged gamblers’ reported that they have increased the time or money that they are spending on at least one online gambling activity’.In light of potential risks that vulnerable players may be experiencing during lockdown, new UKGC guidance demands that all online operators carry out additional requirements including: Stopping all reverse withdrawal options for customers until further notice Ceasing bonus offers and promotions to all customers displaying ‘harm indications’. Requiring direct interaction with all customer that have participated in ‘an hour single session of play’ Reviewing safer gambling thresholds and triggers for new customers Conducting further affordability checks on players displaying harm indications Enforcing immediate deposit limits and blocks on customers displaying harmful behaviour. Ensuring comprehensive monitoring of customer base – identifying dangerous play and spending habits.The UKGC also encouraged license holders to ‘make changes to act on this guidance as soon as possible’.Confirming its new guidance, Gambling Commission chief executive Neil McArthur said: “Operators must use the data they hold to protect their customers and now, more than ever, it’s vital that online operators really know their customers by monitoring how long they are playing for and understanding how financial uncertainty is impacting them and what they can afford to gamble with. “To ensure operators do that, we are strengthening our guidance and expect operators to take account of that to prevent bonus offers or inducements being offered to customers who are showing any sign of harm. “Work was already underway to address many of these issues but this means we will now accelerate this work due to the unique situation that many consumers will find themselves in during lockdown. ‘’We will continue to monitor and publish the data that we are collecting and we will take further measures if required. We are monitoring online operators closely and if we see irresponsible behaviour we will step in immediately, suspending licences if we need to.” The Commission will bring forward plans to consult on whether further targeted player protection measures are required on a permanent basis. The UKGC measures have been approved by the Department of Digital Culture Media and Sport. Minister for Sports, Tourism and Heritage Nigel Huddleston said: “It is vital that people are protected from the threat of gambling related harm and I welcome these latest steps from the Gambling Commission. “We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will not hesitate to take further action if required.”Later this month, the Commission will be opening a consultation which will propose strengthened measures around ethical product design, including reverse withdrawals and VIP Inducements. ‘Pent-up demand’ for live sports drives gambling pick-up in June August 17, 2020 EPIC and Whysup ‘continue to make real change’ with partnership renewal August 19, 2020 UKGC launches fourth National Lottery licence competition August 28, 2020 Related Articles Share Share