The moment, while awkward, did not ruin the Ashlee Simpson Show alum’s chances of being invited back. She returned as a musical guest the following year.The same cannot be said for other stars who sparked backlash on the show. Martin Lawrence is among those who have been banned from appearing after delivering a highly controversial monologue when he hosted in February 1994.“I don’t give a damn,” the comedian said during a 2020 appearance on The Breakfast Club. “I’m not banned from SNL. They banned me from NBC at the time for a minute. But then they realized the way it went down wasn’t what they thought and then they sent me an apology letter.”- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Ashlee Simpson, for one, made her mark in October 2004 when she flubbed her appearance as musical guest. While on stage for her second song of the night, “Autobiography,” a vocal track for “Pieces of Me,” which she had already performed, began playing. She walked off the stage after dancing briefly. Viewers were outraged that she planned to lip-sync.“It’s definitely not difficult to talk about. … That was a very long time ago,” Simpson told E! News in August 2018 when asked about the infamous incident. “It’s something that happened to me, and things in life happen to you and they make you stronger and they make you a better performer, a better person. I think things like that build your character and your strength and it’s how you handle them.”- Advertisement – With live TV, unexpected twists are bound to happen! Saturday Night Live has weathered more than one scandal in its decades-long run, thanks to its format and its entire premise as a sketch comedy show.The NBC series premiered in October 1975 and has become a central source for those who hope to get a laugh out of current events. However, Saturday Night Live has also found itself as the butt of the joke throughout the years due to musical guest snafus, headline-making host choices and more.- Advertisement – Scroll through the gallery below to revisit the biggest Saturday Night Live controversies of all time.
Tag: 浙江娱乐地图 原创验证区
Chile ordered strict new quarantine measures on three districts in the capital Santiago after a sudden spike in coronavirus cases Sunday.The health ministry reported a surge of 1,228 new infections, bringing the total to nearly 20,000 nationwide and dealing a blow to hopes it was over the worst of the crisis.”If we do not win the battle in Santiago, we can lose the war against the coronavirus,” warned Health Minister Jaime Manalich. Topics : Cerillos, Quilicura and Recoleta districts — as well as the northern mining city of Antofagasta — would be quarantined from next Tuesday, he said.Santiago, with a population of seven million, has been the country’s main center of infections, particularly in its three richest suburbs.However, the virus began to spread in the city’s more densely populated areas over the past couple of weeks.The setback follows criticism of the reopening of some commercial streets in Santiago after the government last week outlined “a return plan” for the economy. The ministry reported 13 new deaths Sunday, all in the metropolitan area, bringing the total to 260.Chile has Latin America’s highest rate of coronavirus testing — 14,000 a day and nearly 200,000 overall according to officials — and had on Thursday cautiously celebrated evidence infections had peaked.It was among the first countries to explore the idea of an “immunity passport” for recovered COVID-19 patients to allow people back to work.However, it dropped the measure after the World Health Organization warned there was no certainty the disease could not strike a person twice.Instead, Chile will provide “discharge cards” to some 10,000 recovered patients. Manalich said these would be delivered in the next few days and would be valid for three months “until there is scientific evidence” on virus immunity.The cards will enable holders to move freely in quarantined areas and to rejoin the workforce.The government responded quickly to the first cases on March 3, introducing a nationwide curfew and selective quarantines on areas with high incidences of the virus.Schools, universities and businesses were closed as part of social distancing measures and transport restricted.
Kolkata: The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has decided to send legendary footballer IM Vijayans name for Padma Shri Award to the sports ministry, a top official has said. Former India captain Vijayan, 51, was the recipient of Arjuna Award in 2003. A three-time AIFF player of the year, Vijayan is one of the most skillful footballers the country has ever produced. The Padma Shri is the fourth-highest civilian honour after the Bharat Ratna, Padma Vibhushan and Padma Bhushan. Vijayan played 79 matches for India between 1992 and 2003, and scored 40 goals. The reticent Thrissur born-footballer formed a prolific strike partnership for India alongside Bhaichung Bhutia and helped the team score various vital goals in international tournaments. Vijayan was part of the victorious Indian team in the 1999 South Asian Football Federation Cup and scored one of the fastest international goals in history during the tournament, finding the back of the the net against Bhutan after just 12 seconds. Vijayan also finished as the top scorer in the Afro-Asian Games event held in India in 2003 with four goals. Vijayan formally retired from international football after the Afro-Asian Games of 2003. At the club level, some of Vijayan’s best performances early on in his career came in a Kerala Police football club shirt, his first team. Vijayan dished out brilliant performances for Kerala Police at Quilon Nationals 1987, and was able to impress the national football fraternity very soon with his impeccable skills and highly aggressive style of playing. IANSAlso watch: In an Exclusive Conversation with Krishnaraaz only on The Sentinel Assam
Rory McIlroy hit out at Brooks Koepka’s “mind games” at the PGA Championship, with the former world No. 1 insisting he tries to respect everyone.Koepka aimed a dig at overnight leader Dustin Johnson prior to Sunday’s final round, highlighting the fact that the latter had only won one major compared to his four. Bidding to achieve a PGA three-peat, Koepka was forced to eat his words as the American star fell out of contention in San Francisco, where Johnson continued to battle atop the leaderboard.McIlroy, who ended his TPC Harding Park campaign in a tie for 33rd following his 2-under-par 68, was taken aback by Koepka’s comments.”It’s different, right, it’s a very different mentality to bring to golf that I don’t think a lot of golfers have,” McIlroy said during his post-round news conference.”I was watching the golf last night and heard the interview and was just sort of taken aback a little bit by sort of what he said and whether he was trying to play mind games or not. If he’s trying to play mind games, he’s trying to do it to the wrong person. I don’t think DJ really gives much of a concern [to] that.MORE: Koepka looking ahead to next major after fading in San Francisco”But just different. I certainly try to respect everyone out here. Everyone is a great player. If you’ve won a major championship, you’re a hell of a player. Doesn’t mean you’ve only won one; you’ve won one, and you’ve had to do a lot of good things to do that.”I mean, sort of hard to knock a guy that’s got 21 wins on the PGA Tour, which is three times what Brooks has.”Rory McIlroy’s comments on Brooks Koepka taking a stab at DJSHEESH pic.twitter.com/6cbXvdjBvJ— Always Bring The Sticks (@ABTSticks) August 10, 2020McIlroy has not managed a top-10 performance since finishing tied for fifth at the Arnold Palmer Invitational in March prior to the coronavirus-enforced break.The four-time major champion signed off at the PGA with an eagle, two birdies and a pair of bogeys.McIlroy said: “I’m happy just to be out on the golf course. So many people that still can’t get back to work. I was even saying there, even where I live in Florida, it feels like a bubble. Not much has been locked down, sort of been able to go about our daily lives with not much interruption.”I’m happy to be playing golf and grateful that we’re still able to play out here. I haven’t played as well as I’ve wanted to, but it beats being sat on the couch at home, so I’ll take it.” McIlroy has not won a major tournament since 2014 and when asked about his struggles, the 31-year-old replied: “Maybe I’m just not as good as I used to be.”I really don’t know. I feel like the golf that I’ve played in the majors has been sort of similar to the golf I’ve played outside of them, and I’ve won some big events and played well and had a good season last season.”I can’t really put my finger on it. I go out there and try my best every single day. Some days I play better than others, and just got to keep going and keep persisting and see if you can do better the next time.”