Tag: 夜上海论坛QF

‘Saturday Night Live’ Controversies Through the Years: Photos

first_imgThe moment, while awkward, did not ruin the Ashlee Simpson Show alum’s chances of being invited back. She returned as a musical guest the following year.The same cannot be said for other stars who sparked backlash on the show. Martin Lawrence is among those who have been banned from appearing after delivering a highly controversial monologue when he hosted in February 1994.“I don’t give a damn,” the comedian said during a 2020 appearance on The Breakfast Club. “I’m not banned from SNL. They banned me from NBC at the time for a minute. But then they realized the way it went down wasn’t what they thought and then they sent me an apology letter.”- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Ashlee Simpson, for one, made her mark in October 2004 when she flubbed her appearance as musical guest. While on stage for her second song of the night, “Autobiography,” a vocal track for “Pieces of Me,” which she had already performed, began playing. She walked off the stage after dancing briefly. Viewers were outraged that she planned to lip-sync.“It’s definitely not difficult to talk about. … That was a very long time ago,” Simpson told E! News in August 2018 when asked about the infamous incident. “It’s something that happened to me, and things in life happen to you and they make you stronger and they make you a better performer, a better person. I think things like that build your character and your strength and it’s how you handle them.”- Advertisement – With live TV, unexpected twists are bound to happen! Saturday Night Live has weathered more than one scandal in its decades-long run, thanks to its format and its entire premise as a sketch comedy show.The NBC series premiered in October 1975 and has become a central source for those who hope to get a laugh out of current events. However, Saturday Night Live has also found itself as the butt of the joke throughout the years due to musical guest snafus, headline-making host choices and more.- Advertisement – Scroll through the gallery below to revisit the biggest Saturday Night Live controversies of all time.last_img read more

read more

Parents of pair pay $20,000 in tagger damage

first_img AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORE11 theater productions to see in Southern California this week, Dec. 27-Jan. 2Sheriff’s Detective Pat O’Neill of the station’s Career Offender Burglary Robbery Apprehension team said investigators were able to identify the men by their “creek boys” signatures. “Our school deputy, Mike Deegan, was able to use the school’s database and narrow the search to students who lived on Cherry Creek Drive and Sycamore Creek Drive,” O’Neill said. “They were charged with felony vandalism and the judge was so upset about the damage they caused, he remanded them into custody right there in court and made restitution part of their sentence.” The Department of Public Works received the largest portion of the money, $10,750. Six thousand dollars went to the DWP, which owns the pipeline. Valerie J. Hill, graffiti abatement program manager for the county, said the payment would go toward anti-graffiti programs focused in the area. “We already have one working in Val Verde and other parts of the county,” she said, noting that this award was the largest restitution check ever received by the county for this reason. VALENCIA – Parents of two taggers arrested for vandalism that started at Saugus High School and spread to a nearby pipeline and College of the Canyons learned an expensive lesson Wednesday as more than $20,000 restitution was distributed to victims. Representatives from Saugus High School, the Los Angeles County Public Works Department, the Department of Water and Power, Southern California Edison and the college gathered at the Santa Clarita sheriff’s station to receive checks from the families of David Celaya and Andrew Wroblewski who are serving yearlong sentences in the county jail. The two initially were arrested March 8 and released, but then rearrested and given high bail by Judge Lloyd Nash at an April 7 hearing. They were sentenced May 12 to a year in jail and ordered to immediately pay their victims restitution. Smaller checks went to Southern California Edison, which received $400 and College of the Canyons, which was awarded $300. Saugus High Assistant Principal Frank Ferry accepted a check for $1,250 for the school and $2,000 for contractor C.W. Driver, which suffered damage to its trailers and equipment located on campus. “I personally feel good picking up these checks,” said Ferry, handling the situation with humor. O’Neill said when the suspects were arrested, deputies found photographs of the boys next to the pipeline after their “work” had been completed. “In every house we go into, there’s a book where they practice their tags or their friends sign them with their tags,” he said. “Hopefully this will alert parents to their responsibilities if their kids go wrong. It’s their house and their kids can jeopardize that.” Ferry said taggers can be found in households across-the-board. “Everybody wants to believe it’s somebody else, but these were affluent kids that had no business doing this,” he said. “These weren’t gangbangers; both their parents are educators. This just proves that it can be any kid any time. Parents have got to be aware of their kids’ activities, simple as that.” carol.rock@dailynews.com (661)257-5252160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more

read more