Naomi Campbell British supermodel Naomi Campbell has been handed a six-month suspended prison sentence in Italy after she was found guilty of assaulting a Photo Journalist.Naomi was accused of scratching the eye of a Journalist, Gaetano Di Giovanni who took pictures of her in 2009.Gaetano Di Giovanni took pictures of the model and her former boyfriend, Russian billionaire Vladimir Doronin, in August 2009, the Daily Telegraph reports.Sources say Naomi intends to appeal with her lawyer Guido Carlo Alleva saying in a statement: “We are appealing the ruling surrounding the 2009 incident. ”Naomi is reported to have hit the photographer with her bag, scratching his eye in the incident.The photographer needed medical treatment following the incident and took three days to recover, the court heard.Although she reached an agreement with the snapper and he withdrew the charges, the Telegraph cites Italian news agency Ansa as saying that the prosecutor, Francesco Massara, ordered the trial to go ahead.He said it was in the public interest because of the serious nature of the charges.Campbell, 45, is known for her fiery temper – in 2007, she admitted to hurling her Blackberry smartphone at her housekeeper. She served a five-day community service sentence in New York City, paid a fine and completed an anger management course.She was accused of a similar attack on her assistant in Canada in 2000, but settled the case by paying an undisclosed sum and agreeing to seek treatment for her anger issues.
Share Sharing is caring! Tweet Share Chinese consumers have been hit by a number of food safety scandals in recent yearsMore than 900 people have been arrested in China for selling fake or tainted meat in the last three months, state media say.Officials say they uncovered almost 400 such cases and seized more than 20,000 tonnes of fake meat. In one case, the suspects made fake mutton from foxes, mink and rats after adding chemicals, state media said.The report is the latest in a series of cases highlighting food safety issues in China. In the latest case, examples of wrongdoing included suspects using a hydrogen peroxide solution to process chicken claws or injecting water into meat to increase its weight.State news agency Xinhua reported the arrests as a part of a national crackdown that will now focus on dairy products. It also quoted an official as saying that China had “deep-seated food safety problems” that needed to be resolved.Food safety remains an issue of huge concern for the Chinese public, reports the BBC’s Martin Patience in Beijing.Last year there were reports that some suppliers to pharmaceutical firms used so-called gutter oil – reprocessed kitchen waste dredged from restaurant drains – to make antibiotics.Previous cases also involved the use of gutter oil as cooking oil or in food production. Public concerns also remains over milk products, after a high-profile scandal involving the use of melamine in baby milk formula. BBC News Share HealthInternationalLifestylePrint China arrests 900 over meat safety by: – May 3, 2013 15 Views no discussions
BACOLOD City – Police nabbed a man in adrug buy-bust operation in Barangay Concepcion, Talisay City, NegrosOccidental. Five sachets of suspected shabu valuedat around P8,000 were seized from Ronald Cruz Jr. of Barangay Zone 12, TalisayCity, police said. Charges for violation of Republic Act9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 will be filed againstCruz./PN The suspect was detained in the custodialfacility of the Talisay City police station. Cruz was caught after he sold suspectedillegal drugs to an undercover office for P500 around 4:05 p.m. on April 17,the police added.
June 8, 2019 Police Blotter060819 Batesville Police Blotter060819 Decatur County Law Report060819 Decatur County EMS Report060819 Decatur County Jail report060819 Decatur County Fire Report
The trainer added: “Provided he shows up well there he will then go for the Secretariat Stakes in Arlington (August 17). That is over a mile and a quarter on the inside turf track and he stays well.” David Marnane has his sights set on a run at Leopardstown with Elleval after his fine effort in defeat at the Curragh on Saturday. The three-year-old, who was runner-up to Lines Of Battle in the UAE Derby, was beaten less than two lengths when fifth in the Dubai Duty Free Millenium Millionaire Celebration Stakes on his first outing since that Meydan run in March. Marnane said: “It was his first run back, he ran very well and he should come on for the run. I was particularly pleased with the way he travelled and it was great that he came straight back with a good run after Dubai. He is entered in the Meld Stakes at Leopardstown (July 25) and that’s where he will go next.” Press Association
Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini insists uncertainty over Wayne Rooney’s fitness will have no bearing on his plan for this weekend’s Manchester derby. Pellegrini, speaking at a press conference to preview his side’s Capital One Cup tie against Newcastle, was also asked if United did City a favour last weekend. United struck a late equaliser to claim a draw against Premier League leaders Chelsea, preventing them moving eight points clear of City. Asked if he celebrated Van Persie’s goal, Pellegrini said, laughing: “I don’t remember. At that moment, I thought the game was finished and I went to drink a glass of water. “When they told me after how the game finished I smiled.” Press Association Pellegrini claims the uncertainty does not affect his preparations as his gameplan is based on containing United’s firepower as a whole, rather focusing on any individual. Pellegrini said: “We really don’t change our way to play for some player, or other player. If it’s not Wayne Rooney it will be Angel Di Maria, Juan Mata or Robin van Persie. “They have so many creative players that they have a lot of different chances. We cannot prepare for a game talking about one player because (if) he doesn’t play we have to change all of what we do. “We really try to play with a style of play every game. “I am sure Wayne Rooney is one of the important players of Manchester United but also other players are very difficult for us.” Rooney had been expected to return for the clash at the Etihad Stadium after completing a three-match suspension. Even though United have not lost since Rooney began his ban, his comeback would give the team a lift as they tackle the champions, to whom they lost 4-1 and 3-0 last season. The 29-year-old holds the record for the most goals scored in Manchester derbies with 11 in 22 appearances. Doubt has been cast over United striker Rooney’s availability for Sunday’s Barclays Premier League clash against rivals City following a report that he has suffered a foot injury. It was claimed the United and England captain was seen limping at a sponsors’ function on Monday after apparently being hurt in training. United have not commented on the report.
Two brothers are now facing felony charges after officials say one of them brought a loaded gun onto a school campus.The incident was first reported on October 1st at Miami Palmetto Senior High School.Authorities say they were notified by the school after another student told officials that one of the brothers, Joshua Mizelle, brought a gun to school.When authorities questioned Joshua, the teen told them that he did not have a weapon on him and allowed officers to search his vehicle in the student parking lot.During the search, officials reported that they found not only a loaded handgun, but brass knuckles and two knives inside of the vehicle.At that point, Joshua was taken into custody.Authorities, however, returned to the school to take his brother Jonathan, into custody after they were informed that the brothers arrived to the school in the same vehicle.It was later determined that Jonathan was the brother responsible for bringing the weapons onto school property.During a court hearing on Friday, an attorney for Joshua told the judge that Joshua has never been in trouble with the law before this and the charges may affect his athletic career and scholarship:“What I just want to let the court know, not only has he never been in trouble before, he’s a star athlete. He has a scholarship, which unfortunately, is in jeopardy because of this thing. His whole career and his scholarship is in jeopardy.”Despite the words of the attorney, the judge reportedly stated that all actions have consequences even if Joshua is an athlete:“Those are consequences,” said Judge Orlando Prescott. “There’s always long-term consequences, good, bad and indifferent and because he’s an athlete [it] doesn’t bear anything with me.”Joshua is scheduled to be released on house arrest while Jonathan will be held in detention.Their next trial is scheduled for December 13th.
Roger Federer will lose his world number one spot after defeat at the Miami Open – and has announced he will miss the clay court season, including the French Open.The 36-year-old, who suffered a shock 3-6 6-3 7-6 (7-4) loss to world number 175 Thanasi Kokkinakis in Miami, did not play on clay last season either. Last year, he won Wimbledon after returning from his break.The Swiss will be replaced by Rafael Nadal at the top of the new rankings.On losing his world number one position, Federer – the defending Miami champion – said: “I deserve it after this match. I feel so bad.”After the defeat, he added: “I decided not to play the clay season.”Federer, who won his 20th Grand Slam at the Australian Open in January, began in typically assured style but was worn down by Australian qualifier Kokkinakis, 21, who wonÂ in two hoursÂ 21 minutes.It was Federer’s second lossÂ in six daysÂ – he saw a 17-match unbeaten run come to an end in a gruelling match with Juan Martin del PotroÂ in Indian WellsÂ last weekend.In Miami, he was up against another angular opponent in Kokkinakis, who used a vicious top-spin forehand to devastating effect.“It felt like every time I had chances, something bad happened – wrong decision making by me, good decisions from him,” he said.“It’s disappointing, I don’t know why I could never get to a level I was happy with.”Â Â Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
Comments Quentin Hillsman refused to use the word. Despite an early 18-2 run from Brigham Young that gave the Cougars a 15-point lead and an eventual 24-point loss for his team to dwell on during a long flight back from Hawaii, Hillsman couldn’t say his team felt demoralized.For the first time this season, Syracuse was on the wrong side of a blowout.‘We just knew we had to take one possession at a time, and we never got it going,’ Hillsman said. ‘At no point did we feel demoralized or gave up on the game because we knew we had to keep fighting and get back in the game. We just didn’t have it today.’The Orange (6-2) fell 83-59 to Brigham Young (7-2) on Saturday in the final game of the Hukilau Invitational in Laie, Hawaii. It was the second consecutive loss for SU, as it suffered an 80-74 loss to Arizona in the tournament on Friday in a bizarre game was halted twice because of power outages. BYU’s efficient performance on offense was the difference as the Cougars shot 49 percent from the field and went 11-of-26 for 42 percent from beyond the arc.Hillsman said after the game against BYU that having to be in the gym longer than expected the day before, combined with not having much time for game preparation, added some difficulty to preparing for the Cougars. AdvertisementThis is placeholder text‘I think one thing that was tough was that quick turnaround,’ Hillsman said. ‘We didn’t have a lot of time to prepare as far as game prep is concerned, and they had a day off in between. I think that was a big advantage going into the game.’Hillsman said BYU was quick in transition and kept the ball moving constantly to keep the Orange’s defense off balance and spread out. The Cougars moved quickly up the floor and shot well in transition, Hillsman said, and the Orange’s zone never managed to put a clamp on BYU’s shooters.Brigham Young had four players who scored in the double digits. Syracuse, on the other hand, shot 37 percent from the field and went 0-of-7 from 3-point range.‘They did a really good job of executing, and they really got the ball down the floor and got the ball moving,’ Hillsman said. ‘It’s tough to guard when you’re trying to press and they’re moving the ball quickly and you’re trying to get into your defense.’SU center Kayla Alexander was the lone bright spot for the Orange, scoring a game-high 26 points and grabbing a team-high six rebounds.In the end, Alexander’s performance was essentially wasted, though. Hillsman said knowing she can still play that way in such a lopsided game sent a message.‘It’s good for us because at least you understand that she can still do that no matter what the situation of the game is,’ Hillsman said.The game wrapped up a four-game road trip in which the Orange went 2-2 after beating Binghamton and Boise State in the first two games.SU opens up its Big East schedule Wednesday against West Virginia, and Hillsman said the trip against solid competition was good preparation for conference play.‘Overall, it was a good trip for us to get out and play two tough teams,’ Hillsman said. ‘And we know we have to come back and play better if we expect to beat West Virginia.’email@example.com Published on December 4, 2011 at 12:00 pm Contact Chris: firstname.lastname@example.org | @chris_iseman Facebook Twitter Google+